This week I learned about the students, their families, and their schools, plus a little about myself to boot:
1. There are some things that are the same about schools everywhere- students in the front office trying to get out of school is one of them.
Huge public high school, small Catholic school... doesn't matter. High schoolers like to get out of class. Period.
2. One exception to this rule is the kid I visited Thursday.
After he gave me a quick tour of the school, he turned to me and said "Umm, I'm sorry, but do you think I could go back to class? I don't want to miss anything." This is probably exhibit a for why he's in our program, haha. How could I say no to that?
3. Planes and airports are a great place to talk to people about Jesus.
Evangelism is hard for me, but God provided some great opportunities this week. Thankful for the courage He gives to speak about Him and the work He does.
4. I LOVE big Christian families, and I want one someday.
All three families I visited this week have 5 children, and their houses were crazy, loud, wonderful messes, with parents who love on them, care for them, and train them up in the faith. It warmed my heart end encouraged me immensely.
5. Making the effort to go hang out with people, even when its inconvenient, is always worth it.
After I flew back yesterday morning and worked in the office the rest of the day, I was pretty wiped out. I dragged my feet, debating whether to drive into the city to hang out with some new friends from church who invited me to a birthday party. I ended up going and I'm so glad I did. One of the birthday girls is a sweet Mississippian, and I met some other great transplanted southerners too :)
Enjoying a lazy Saturday before I get to prepping for small group this week. I'm excited about leading the conversation on why God led the Israelites through the wildnerness instead of the most direct path to Canaan, and why His plan for us is always better than the plan we would have chosen for ourselves.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment