First Fruit
What was always good is becoming a sturdy oak tree,
able to give to nature and receive from her honestly.
It has weathered storms,
but instead of developing a thick crusty bark,
its barriers have begun to flake off.
The whole world
(but mostly those close by who've been waiting and watching for it)
can see the true structure-
the reason for its growth.
And sheltered under bushels of green, healthy leaves is the
first fruit
hard and unsure,
but already suggestive of its own ripe endings.
Writing is something that I enjoy once I get into it, but it takes a lot of effort for me. The thing I LOVE about writing though, is going back to read it later- it helps me remember where my head and heart were when I wrote the words. This poem means something different to me now than it did then, and is a cool reminder to me of God's work in my life. I am an awful journaler- this blog is the closest to journaling I get, and you can see how neglected it is, ha! But reading things like this inspire me to write more. I want things from each period of my life that I can look back on and see how God has moved since then. My greatest fear is that I will get 10 years down the road and have the same faith I have today. My hope and prayer is that I will look back on the things I've written and see evidence of a faith that has grown and matured like the oak tree I wrote about so many years ago.
That's awesome! I always admired people who could write poetry! I did not receive that gift!
ReplyDeleteOur Pakistani Escorts in Karachi Open contemplation, crisp and arranged to the individual a true time with you they’re holding up to tune in to from you lately VIP Karachi Escorts.
ReplyDelete